To kick things off the right way, here is an in-depth interview with someone who pretty much lives and breaths the stock market – Jerry Robinson, a veteran trader, author, serial podcaster and the Founder of FTMDaily.com.
Back in 1997, a work colleague let it slip that he had been making some tidy profits buying and selling stocks, Jerry took an interest and shortly after began trading with a $700 account.
But it wasn’t smooth sailing from day one, Jerry had his fair share of up’s and down’s, as you will soon discover from listening to this interview. Better yet, you will also hear about what he learnt from these, and how he now profitably trades the market.
Lessons learnt in this interview:
- Avoid stock tips from an uncle at the Thanksgiving dinner. Meaning, be careful who you listen to and only take advice from informed traders.
- Jerry believes most traders fail simply because they don’t have a set of rules and a system that they stick too.
- It’s important that you don’t ever let a gain turn into a loss. Knowing when to sell is incredibly important.
- A personal story about what motivated Jerry to become a successful trader and opened his eyes up to the possibilities trading can offer.
- And much, much more…
Links and resources mentioned:
- YCharts – A fundamental research site, that allows you to graphically chart a companies PE ratio, revenue growth, earnings growth and more.
- Zacks – A good site to view fundamental growth stocks, that are assigned a proprietary ranking. Jerry prefers rankings of 1 and 2 that are inline with his fundamental parameters.
- Investors – Investors Business Daily.
- Recommended reading – How To Make Money In Stocks by William O’neil. This is the one book Jerry suggests every trader should read, available on Amazon.
- Also be sure to check out Jerry’s book, Bankruptcy Of Our Nation, available on Amazon.
- To learn more about Jerry and Follow The Money Daily, visit ftmdaily.com.
- For more info about his trading system Trigger Trade Pro, visit triggertradereport.com.
- You can also catch Jerry on Twitter @ftmdaily.
Did you enjoy this interview?
- Please leave a 5 star review on iTunes to support the show.
- Subscribe to receive a free guide and an email when new interviews go live.
- Post a comment below, what was your greatest takeaway from this interview?
- Share this interview with your friends and followers.