Sliding in on episode 009 is a special guest to pullback the curtains, and shine some light on the often dark and mysterious inner workings of our financial markets.
Folks, meet Peter Zhang.
A Major in Quantitative Finance who was once without a home, dirt poor and had the odds stacked against him. But with a point to prove and the hustlers ambition, he chased down a mentor who would carefully show him the ropes, and gradually transform him into a trader who could make smart decisions, and smart trades.
After spending his last dollar on a plane ticket to Las Vegas to attend a trading conference, he got in the ear of Anand ‘Lucci’ Sanghvi (EP 008), and convinced him that starting a hedge fund would be a wise idea.
Fast forward a few years, Peter now leads the hedge fund operations at Sang Lucci Capital Partners, including a completely automated high frequency trading fund. And has a mind-blowing understanding of market structure, as you are about to witness.
Lessons learnt in this interview:
- How Pete gained real trading knowledge, and why he uses less than 10% of what he learnt during his college Major in Quantitative Finance.
- How a trading mentor, and scanning 400+ charts a night saved Pete from a destructive path.
- The reason why you can no longer throw a dart and make money, even in a raging bull market.
- Why Pete crossed over from discretionary trading to a more systematic and automated approach, and the benefits that came with it.
- A complete run down on spread, selling flow, market makers and other market structure explanations.
- Why the majority of breakouts fail, causing retail traders to get crushed in the process.
- The importance of understanding your counter-parties, and who you are competing against on various timeframes.
- And much, much more…
Links and resources mentioned:
- To learn more about Peter and his team, you can visit sanglucci.com.
- And be sure to follow him on Twitter, @PZ_SL.
Did you enjoy this interview?
- Please leave a 5 star review on iTunes to support the show.
- Subscribe to receive a free guide and an email when new interviews go live.
- Post a comment – Andrew will be watching this space to answer any questions!
- Share this interview with your friends and followers.