This week I thought I’d change things up a little bit and reverse the interview. Instead of firing questions at guests like I normally do, I’m on the receiving end and giving answers.
If you’ve listened to EP 001, then you may recall I gave a brief overview right at the beginning, explaining where I was at with my own trading. Things have gradually progressed since then, so I thought this would be a good milestone to update anyone who is curious.
To keep things interesting I brought on Zach Hurwitz, who I’m sure you’ll remember from EP 011 of the podcast, and he’ll be the one asking questions. Zach’s a friend of mine and he’s continually guiding me along to becoming a better trader through regular coaching, so I couldn’t think of anyone better for the job.
Plus, Zach also expands on many of my responses with additional insight, so all in all, I hope you’ll find this episode to be valuable in its own unique way.
Since recording this episode, Zach has released a free eBook that goes further into VWAP and how he incorporates it into his trading: Download here
“When you set unattainable goals, can you blame yourself for failing? Not really. You can blame yourself for setting shitty goals.”
“It’s about minimizing the money lost, relative to the amount of experience gained.”
“Dissociate yourself from the image, the identity, the persona of being a trader.”
Links and resources mentioned:
- eBook – The One Thing I Wish Someone Would’ve Told Me Before I Started Trading. This is the free guide that was mentioned during the interview, featuring the most valuable lessons from Zach and 16 other proven traders.
- EP 006 – Tim Walker – How Tim Walker uses technical analysis and the methods of Gann to takeout the big moves.
- EP 021 – Adam Grimes – Adam Grimes explains how to identify a trading edge & gives a realistic breakdown of ‘the path to becoming a trader’.
- EP 023 – David Bush – The transition from discretionary to quantitative trading & how to optimise your strategy w/ David Bush of Alphatative.
- @ZachHurwitz – To get in touch with Zach you can reach him on Twitter, or by email: [email protected].
Did you enjoy this interview?
- Please leave a 5 star review on iTunes to support the show.
- Subscribe to receive a free guide and an email when new interviews go live.
- Post a comment, what was your greatest takeaway from this interview?
- Share this interview with your friends and followers.