This week, I have a really interesting guest on the podcast; his name is Jesse, but in the Twittersphere he goes by @PsychoOnWallSt—a play on the cult film American Psycho.
A couple things you should know about Jesse, he made $500,000 in 90 days trading marijuana penny stocks, and then lost it all just as quickly (one wild story!)
He went from part-time to full-time trading, and for now, has returned to part-time trading with the results confirming this was a profitable move. He describes his approach as a hybrid between a day trader and a swing trader. And his motive for trading, is to one day open a fully-functional no-kill animal shelter—needless to say, I have a great amount of respect for Jesse. All of these topics and more are covered in-depth during the interview…
Lessons learnt in this interview:
- How to make $500,000 in 3 months, and lose it just as quickly… Jesse shares a savage learning experience from trading penny stocks in the Marijuana boom.
- Why Jesse went from part-time to full-time trader, and then returned to part-time – discussing emotionally charged decisions when trading is your sole source of income.
- What it means to be a hybrid between a day trader and a short-term swing trader, how Jesse; scans stocks, creates alerts, manages positions, and scales in and out of trades.
- The gap often-overlooked between deciding you want to become a trader and taking your first trade. You’ll also hear Jesse’s take on premium trader education/services.
- Trading aside – Jesse speaks about his ongoing fight for the well-being of animals, the issues that need greater awareness, and how you can play an important role to help.
Links and resources mentioned:
- PsychoOnWallStreet.wordpress.com – Here’s a link to Jesse’s blog; although he hasn’t posted recently, he assures us that’s about to change. Weekly recaps, thoughts and reflection, coming soon.
- @PsychoOnWallSt – And be sure to follow Jesse on Twitter!
Did you enjoy this interview?
- Please leave a 5 star review on iTunes to support the show.
- Subscribe to receive a free guide and an email when new interviews go live.
- Share this interview with your friends and followers.