Anthony Crudele started at a very young age on the CME floor, and he has one really interesting story about coming up as a trader…
It does involve some pretty drastic failures, burning through significant amounts of cash, and a whole lot of perseverance. But, he eventually broke through and went on to have years of making six and seven-figures, while heavily trading the E-Mini S&P 500 from it’s inception.
In our chat, you’ll hear about Anthony’s multiple blowouts and comebacks, his turning point as a trader, his approach to trading futures today, and a healthy reminder to protect your downside.
Lessons learned in this interview:
- Anthony describes the various roles he had on the CME floor, before becoming one of the youngest exchange members at 21yo, and how he got there in the first place!
- With high expectations from the outset and ambitions of “parking on P1”, Anthony shares how his mindset, expectations and beliefs were shaken after six months.
- The severe financial setbacks and failures Anthony encountered, and what eventually lead to his turning point as a trader who’d have six/seven-figure years.
- How Anthony transitioned from a floor trader to the screens, what aspects of his trading began to receive more attention, and how he identifies now opportunities.
- About the indicator Anthony developed to help him with his own trading, and why other traders should give some thought to doing the same—for a visual aid.
- Anthony emphasizes that risk and losses are part of this business, and that you need to learn to lose before you can learn to win. Protect the downside!
“The most important thing for traders to understand is loss. It’s also the hardest thing…”
Links and resources mentioned:
- FuturesRadioShow.com – A podcast hosted by Anthony, featuring discussions with other professional traders about what’s going on in futures markets each week.
- BeaconTrader.com – Anthony’s educational community for futures traders. Each morning he talks through his outlook for the session ahead, amongst other things.
- @AnthonyCrudele – You can follow Anthony on Twitter too!
How to support this podcast:
- For a quick and easy way to support this free podcast, please write an honest review in iTunes. It’ll take you two minutes, and it helps massively—thank you.