On this episode, I have a returning guest—who first appeared on episode 53. His name is a mystery, but he goes by the handle: @BTCVIX
Episode 53 was the first time I covered Bitcoin on this podcast, and that was at the very end of 2015. As you’re probably aware, the cryptocurrency markets have evolved a lot since then, so BTCVIX is here to fill us in on what’s been happening and, potentially, what lies ahead…
Topics of discussion:
- How to explain Bitcoin to people outside of finance, to what extent transactions can be tracked, the type of investors dealing with “missed the boat” syndrome.
- Tips for how to setup a Bitcoin wallet, various methods for storing and protecting the coins you own, insight to fee structures and how they apply to transactions.
- Is Bitcoin a bubble versus is Bitcoin in a bubble? What it means to describe something as a bubble, and how some have tried to quantify the value of Bitcoin.
- The frenzy which surrounds ICO (Initial Coin Offering) markets, why a company may choose to offer an ICO, the similarities compared to IPO’s and crowdfunding.
Links and resources mentioned:
- @BTCVIX [Twitter]
- Whaleclub [Telegram]
- Crypto Groups [Telegram]
- Episode 53: BTCVIX
- Episode 113: Benjamin Small
- Bitcoin Investment Trust
How to support this podcast:
- For a quick and easy way to support this free podcast, please write an honest review in iTunes. It’ll take you two minutes, and it helps massively. Thank you!