On this episode, I’m joined by three traders from a data-driven, options trading, performance based fund, Blackpier Capital…
Ryan Moffett, the Lead Investment Manager—and a prior guest on Episode 83. Tyler Michalove, who plays a key role in trade execution. And Wayne Klump, who heads up research and strategy development.
One interesting thing about Wayne; he was a Chat With Traders listener when Ryan was first on the podcast. Ryan made an off-hand comment about how they were looking to bring on someone else, to which he received ~200 emails. One of those emails was from Wayne, and now, he’s become a part of the team at Blackpier!
Topics of discussion:
- How to push beyond self-limiting beliefs, i.e; starting a hedge fund is out of reach—only for Harvard alumni, you can only achieve X% annual returns…
- Harnessing the power of a team; the need for clarity of purpose (clear goals and focus), advantages of a small group, technology used for working remote, etc.
- The reasons why Blackpier solely trade options, using the multiple dimensions inherent to options for gaining greater edge and improving existing strategies.
Links and resources mentioned:
- EP 83: Ryan Moffett
- CWT Facebook Group
- @BlackpierLP [Twitter]
- RMoffett (at) BlackpierCapital.com [Email]
How to support this podcast:
- For a quick and easy way to support this free podcast, please write an honest review in iTunes. It’ll take you two minutes, and it helps massively. Thanks!