Dan David is the founder of Wolfpack Research, a short-biased firm that goes to great lengths to meticulously understand the business operations, technical aspects and financials of listed companies.
When uncovering a disconnect between what a company announces to the market and what Wolfpack deems to be the truth, the firm may build a short position and publish their findings in a detailed research report (commonly regarded as short activism).
Dan also hosts the “I Hung Up On Warren Buffett” podcast and was featured as the lead protagonist in The China Hustle—a documentary about the key players who revealed egregious cases of fraud by Chinese companies that were listing on U.S. markets through the process of a reverse-merger.
Topics & Timestamps:
Please note: Exact times will vary depending on current ads.
- 02:46 – Behind the scenes of The China Hustle documentary.
- 11:45 – The precursor to becoming an activist short seller.
- 19:16 – Performing research and gathering information.
- 36:16 – Releasing a short report to the market and creating an impact.
- 47:35 – Ideal outcomes and various risks inherent to short selling.
Links & Resources:
- @Dan_David44 [Twitter]
- @WolfpackReports [Twitter]
- GTT Report [Wolfpack Research]
- INSP Report [Wolfpack Research]
- MARK Report [Wolfpack Research]
- I Hung Up On Warren Buffett [Podbean]
- New York Global Group’s Wey Charged in Reverse-Merger Fraud [Bloomberg]
- JPMorgan Is Set to Pay $1 Billion in Record Spoofing Penalty [Bloomberg]
- The China Hustle [IMBD]
- Betting on Zero [IMBD]
- I.O.U.S.A [IMBD]