Jim Mellon’s a British investor, entrepreneur and philanthropist.
It was 1979 when Jim got his start, in Hong Kong, as a trainee fund manager. When the fund was acquired eight years later, he received a windfall, becoming a millionaire in his late-twenties…
And from that point forward, Jim has spread his bets far and wide, as an investor in emerging markets, commercial real estate, private and public companies—across many sectors; from financial services to mining to biotech and more.
To view Jim’s portfolio holdings, visit his company website: Burnbrae Group
Topics & Timestamps:
Please note: Exact times will vary depending on current ads.
- 03:10 – Getting a start in funds management…
- 16:12 – Excelling across many unrelated sectors.
- 23:38 – Actions that separate ultra wealthy from wealthy.
- 29:27 – Managing self-doubt and uncertainty.
- 32:24 – Greatest setback and the recovery.
- 35:40 – Positioning to profit from a growing sector.
Links & Resources
- Jim Mellon [Wikipedia]
- Moo’s Law [Amazon]
- Burnbrae Group