Matthew Dibb’s the Founder and CIO of Astronaut Capital, a cryptocurrency and digital asset fund—utilizing a thematic approach. Since attracting its first investors in 2019, the fund has gone on to report cumulative returns in excess of 1,200%.
In a life prior to crypto, Matt was a traditional finance guy, having held roles as a futures and FX trader for banks/institutions, while also doing a stint in VC too.
Topics & Timestamps:
Please note: Exact times will vary depending on current ads.
- 04:05 – Entering crypto, failed VC fundraise > ICO success story, peak scams.
- 14:10 – Greatest differentiators when trading traditional vs crypto markets.
- 22:35 – Establishing a crypto fund, attracting investors, AUM growth.
- 30:45 – Generating alpha, trend trading, thematic allocation, technical analysis.
- 40:15 – Pairs trading strategy, writing covered calls (selling volatility).
- 49:30 – Minimizing downside, managing crypto-specific risks.
- 59:05 – Final words for crypto newcomers.
Links & Resources
- ‘Drone ICO Project’ [Unknown]
- ETH Manipulation [Dark Pools]
- @AstronautCap [Twitter]