Application: U.S. ADR Support Trader [Google Form]
James Chen is an equities trader and a partner at Sydney-based fund BlueLake Partners. Furthermore, he’s a heavy-hitter who operates on a different level to most…
For well over a decade, James has been discovering edges and developing trades that the typical trader would consider as rather obscure. And for that reason, we’re fortunate to have James on the record—being able to learn about how his brain ticks.
Our interview starts with James telling how he cut his teeth trading retail, then how he exploited a loophole in an ASX trading competition, won and got hired. Next, we discuss trades surrounding index rebalances and dual-listed stocks, and lastly, James imparts with comprehensive thoughts on finding alpha.
Topics & Timestamps:
Please note: Exact times will vary depending on current ads.
- 02:20 – Cutting teeth: retail trading, prop trading.
- 07:30 – Trading Places competition: gaming the game, getting hired.
- 13:00 – Index rebalances.
- 17:45 – ADR’s, dual listed stocks.
- 42:10 – Finding alpha, ASIA (Access, Speed, Information, Analytics).
Links & Resources
- Application: U.S. ADR Support Trader [Google Form]
- @Skyquake_1 [Twitter]