Today, I bring you a man who’s truly seen it all: Chris Cady
Having surpassed 40-years as an equity index trader, Chris has lived through every type of market environment imaginable and reinvented himself several times over. But is experience all it’s hyped up to be? Well, that’s the opening line for our chat…
From there, Chris delves into some of the best/worst times throughout his career in futures markets—and shares a captivating story about the “radical” silver traders and infamous Hunt Brothers. Later, Chris lays out his trading philosophy of “structure and process” and use of market profile analysis.
Topics & Timestamps:
Please note: Exact times will vary depending on current ads.
- 01:50 – Overrating experience, market environment, professional courtesy.
- 09:20 – Most profitable era, toughest era, memorable moments.
- 22:50 – The “radical” silver traders and the Hunt Brothers.
- 33:50 – Analysis without time, market profile, structure and process.
- 51:40 – Mean reversion trading.
Links & Resources
- @Chris_C_Cady [Twitter]
- Capflow32 [Profile Trading]
- Dunning-Kruger Effect [Wikipedia]
- Hunt Brothers: Silver Thursday [Wikipedia]
- The Misfit Happy Hour: Paul Hornblower [YouTube]
- Steidmayer on Markets: Peter Steidmayer [Amazon]
- Fooled by Randomness: Nassim Taleb [Amazon]
- The Big Short [IMBD]