It’s about time we have a discussion on Forex Trading, but this is not your average Forex Trading discussion.
Some Forex traders may be unaware of how stop loss hunting and market manipulation is done by the smart money. Like many Forex traders, ex-stockbroker Djamal Adib experienced early losses which compelled him to study the inner workings of Forex trading, and how stop loss orders are hunted by the smart money.
Djamal spent four years pouring over thousands of charts patterns of different time periods and programmed his carefully back tested algorithms resulting in him winning an international Forex competition.
Djamal shares his enthusiasm and much wisdom of the opportunities and dangers of trading Forex and why you need an edge.
Topics & Timestamps:
- 00:00 Background and early experience
- 01:52 Why he switched to trade Forex
- 03:03 Opportunities and advantages of Forex
- 04:37 Why no hedge funds are dedicated to Forex & Dangers abound
- 10:00 Experiences creating Forex trading firm & study
- 13:10 Stop hunting and programming a trading algorithm
- 16:46 Won an international Forex competition using his 8 different bot strategies
- 20:29 Aspects of Forex most challenging to ignorant traders
- 23:30 Need a proven edge next to discipline
- 24:53 Tested commercially available program trading and problems with them
- 31:18 Differences between dumb and smart money and how they each trade
- 40:50 Why hard stops are always necessary, even when risking getting hunted
- 42:46 Dark pools and smart money cartels
- 47:10 Can we see where the stop losses are placed and their sizes?
- 47:40 Why stop levels are not the dominant factor. Pre main run countermoves
- 52:25 What he looks for to enter and exit from trades
- 1:00:25 Government intervention and supporting/suppressing currencies
- 1:04:45 Advice to Forex traders
- 1:08:55 How to get in touch with Djamal
Trading in the financial markets involves a risk of loss. Podcast episodes and other content produced by Chat With Traders are for informational or educational purposes only and do not constitute trading or investment recommendations or advice.
Links & Resources