As a highly driven, methodical stock and futures day trader, Sunny Harris didn’t survive the four major market crashes, she thrived through them.
A strong believer of technical analysis, back testing, and systematic trading, this vivacious Southern California trader and entrepreneur leveraged her background and skills as a mathematician and programmer to develop and refine her own trading system that she has come to rely on throughout her trading career.
Listen to some enlightening and surprising perspectives from Sunny Harris, a mathematician, programmer, author, teacher, mentor, and veteran day trader who is very active in the markets every day.
Trading in the financial markets involves a risk of loss. Podcast episodes and other content produced by Chat With Traders are for informational or educational purposes only and do not constitute trading or investment recommendations or advice.
Topics & Timestamps:
Please note: Exact times will vary depending on current ads.
- 0:00 Sunny’s background and how she got into trading
- 5:30 Mentors and Support (Larry Williams)
- 8:09 Experience through Market Crashes
- 13:16 Early Switch to Day Trading
- 17:04 Experience of being one of the few Female Traders
- 18:11 Perspective on the way women and men trade
- 20:05 Sunny’s signature trading strategy
- 23:30 View on Technical Analysis
- 24:28 Importance of understanding personality for trading
- 25:13 Trades everything except for options
- 29:25 Sunny’s Typical Routine
- 31:35 No longer needs to follow a Trading Plan
- 33:20 Treating Trading like a Business
- 34:45 Approach on risk:reward, risk management
- 37:38 Strategy testing process
- 40:10 What keeps Sunny in the game
- 43:07 Sacrifices made while striving towards goals
- 44:17 Writing a 1700 page Book
- 48:28 Sunny’s approach to the market in 2023
- 49:15 Advice to her younger self
Links & Resources