As a former gambler, poker player, and professor of statistics, and after having had a successful professional career in the movie industry in Hollywood, Vincent Bruzzese (aka Hari Seldon of Real Day Trading group) took his poker skills and expertise on statistical predictive modeling of human behavior and ventured into the world of trading with a goal of finding an edge.
But, after blowing up his accounts multiple times, he had to go back to the drawing board and hone his trading skills, mindset, and discipline to become a high probability trader before putting in another dime into the markets. Vincent is an advocate for the small traders, and shares a more holistic and contextual approach to the markets and focuses on following the money which has led to his consistency in day trading.
Trading in the financial markets involves a risk of loss. Podcast episodes and other content produced by Chat With Traders are for informational or educational purposes only and do not constitute trading or investment recommendations or advice.
Topics & Timestamps:
Please note: Exact times will vary depending on current ads.
- 0:00 Background
- 3:35 Early experiences with gambling
- 7:00 What is the gambler’s mentality?
- 10:55 Overcoming the gambler’s mentality
- 13:25 Can a retail trader beat the market?
- 16:40 Vast majority of trading communities are frauds
- 18:40 How did he blow up his account
- 20:45 Mindset is the biggest challenge. 2 years to learn
- 23:40 Turning around his trading losses into profits
- 27:45 Why now is the most difficult market to trade
- 32:50 What will it take to get the market back into a trend
- 36:10 What he looks for in going long or short
- 37:55 Trading with Algo lines and how institutions are involved
- 41:05 All support and resistance lines are equal, but some are more equal than others
- 45:00 Don’t decide a strategy based on back testing
- 46:25 Risk management and not liking stop losses.
- 52:10 Motivation for creating Real Day Trading group
- 56:50 Helping smaller traders with High Probability trades
- 61:28 What he struggles with the most
- 65:55 Moving to Kansas to watch the tornadoes
- 67:30 How to get in touch with Vincent
Links & Resources