An engineer at the core, Mark Bennell, a Private Trader who has been trading full-time for 15 years breaks down what it really means to “Treat Trading As a Business” and why this mindset was incredibly important in turning his trading around and why it has kept him in the game for this long.
About Mark Bennell
Mark Bennell is a Private Trader who has been trading for the last 18 years, 15 of those being as a full time trader. He holds a Diploma in Technical Analysis, a Diploma in Share Trading and Investment and the International Accreditation as a Certified Financial Technician (CFTe). His trading preferences include discretionary swing trading, scalping Australian equities, and swing trading and scalping the Forex markets.
Mark is also a trading mentor and enjoys utilizing his knowledge and experience to conduct live daily analysis on the Forex, Commodities and Indices markets, weekly workshop sessions and assisting others on their journey to become consistent traders. He has also been on stage and presented for the Australian Technical Analysts Association – Victorian Chapter and National Conference, and appeared in Trader’s Edge magazine in Australia, ‘Traders Story’ article.
Trading in the financial markets involves a risk of loss. Podcast episodes and other content produced by Chat With Traders are for informational or educational purposes only and do not constitute trading or investment recommendations or advice.
Topics & Timestamps:
Please note: Exact times will vary depending on current ads.
- 0:00 Intro and Background
- 12:30 Hard Times
- 16:30 Aha Moments
- 18:30 Low Barriers to Entry
- 22:20 Treating Trading as a Business
- 26:00 Trading Business Plan
- 28:00 Be the Employee of Your Business
- 29:35 Who Are You Accountable to?
- 32:40 Reframe Your Thinking from a Business Perspective
- 34:00 Importance of Journaling
- 36:00 Business Plan vs Trading Plan
- 38:30 Trading Psychology Plan
- 46:00 SWOT Analysis
- 56:30 Celebrate Your Successes
- 1:11:51 Struggles
- 1:17:00 Trade-Life Balance
- 1:25:00 How to Reach Mark
Links & Resources