Paying to take and pass the Series 7 license as a teenager in the 1980’s led Bryan Holdford into the high commission world of stocks and options without mentors or the internet. Starting with investment newspapers Bryan tried many trading ideas without any risk controls. Despite frequent and numerous losses, he was hooked on the game of trading. Obsessive determination drives him to stay in the game despite a boom bust performance. Recently he seems to have found the right balance.
Trading in the financial markets involves a risk of loss. Podcast episodes and other content produced by Chat With Traders are for informational or educational purposes only and do not constitute trading or investment recommendations or advice.
Topics & Timestamps:
Please note: Exact times will vary depending on current ads.
- 0:00 Intro and Background
- 11:10 Picking the stocks to trade
- 13:13 Getting into level 5 options trading
- 19:45 Gambling nature
- 24:15 Key takeaways from Market Wizards
- 28:35 Losing his earned fortunes
- 34:40 Indicators when a parabolic is ready to reverse
- 41:25 Having a full time job allowed for risky trades
- 46:20 Psychological traps
- 49:55 Loss control
- 1:05:00 Top 30 on Fundseeder
- 1:06:30 Performance with credit spreads
- 1:15:43 Morning routine
- 1:20:00 His edge
- 1:22:00 Goals
- 1:23:55 How to reach Bryan
Links & Resources
- Email: [email protected]