James Fishback is the co-founder and Chief Investment Officer of Azoria Partners, a global macro investment firm. Prior to Azoria, he served as the Head of Macro at Greenlight Capital, a two-billion-dollar hedge fund led by David Einhorn. He is also the founder of Incubate Debate, America’s fastest-growing high school debate league. As a former national high school debate champion and volunteer debate coach, he launched Incubate in 2019.
James was fortunate to have the opportunity to display his talent and strategies to the well-known billionaire hedge fund manager David Einhorn, which also resulted in James getting exposed to new ideas and ways of looking at economies and markets. Unwilling to repeat the same mantra commonly put out by the financial media, James presents a fresh look at why the economy and the markets have multiple silver linings.
Please note, Chat With Traders does not endorse any specific political viewpoint on our podcast.
Trading in the financial markets involves a risk of loss. Podcast episodes and other content produced by Chat With Traders are for informational or educational purposes only and do not constitute trading or investment recommendations or advice.
Topics & Timestamps:
Please note: Exact times will vary depending on current ads.
- 0:00 Introduction
- 3:12 What makes Economics interesting for James
- 6:18 Guessing what the Fed will do
- 8:16 Working with Billionaire hedge fund manager David Einhorn
- 12:06 Lemonhead candies as a metaphor for the markets and the economy
- 18:15 Is don’t fight the Fed now dead?
- 26:20 Why hasn’t something broken in the economy with high rates?
- 30:32 Global liquidity impacts on the US markets
- 32:35 Why the economic multiplier effect has eroded to less than 1
- 37:25 AI and its impacts
- 45:50 Universal Basic Income
- 51:15 Opportunities in 2024
- 55:45 How to reach James
Links & Resources
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/j_fishback