Alex (@TAGRtrades) is a 27-year old day trader, from Texas. He’s been trading full-time for four years, and has really begun to hit his stride. Alex closed Q1 of 2017 with a $49,000 gain, after going into the year with an account balance of $32,000.
He’s a small-cap momentum trader, but unlike most guests who I’ve had on previously that play in this space, Alex takes the majority of his trades on the long side. So naturally, we chat about his reasons for this…
We also chat about; the leap into full-time trading, key lessons Alex learned in the early stages of his development, how he manages trades, and why journaling has been immensely helpful.
Topics of discussion:
- The series of events which lead Alex to have a single trade gain of $17,000 and quit his job! And the moment when he realized it was mostly beginner’s luck…
- How Alex was able to stay afloat without a profitable month for six-months, and we reflect on the most important lessons from his early-stage development.
- Alex speaks about his ‘Grade A setups,’ how he manages positions and increases size through a sequence of scales, and the constant goal to trade flawlessly.
- Why journaling has been immensely helpful for Alex, the interesting observations that have been revealed through trade data, and his goals moving forward.
Oct of last year I became fed up with the same ol' results year after year so I revamped my journaling with @edgewonk starting at red arrow pic.twitter.com/6q7CvmiZtY— Alex (@TAGRtrades) March 18, 2017
Links and resources mentioned:
- EP 039: Tom Dante
- EP 082: Futures Trader 71
- EP 104: Alex, @AT09_Trader
- Edgewonk.com [Discount Code: Traders]
- @TAGRtrades [Twitter]
How to support this podcast:
- For a quick and easy way to support this free podcast, please write an honest review in iTunes. It’ll take you two minutes, and it helps massively—thank you.