Having traded prop for a large part of his career, Brannigan Barrett has since branched out and backed himself by establishing Habitus Capital—a private, discretionary fund that trades select futures markets across multiple asset classes; commodities, currencies, indices, bonds.
When Brannigan first appeared on Chat With Traders (114), we mostly covered his process orientated approach to becoming a bigger and better trader. So naturally, this episode is somewhat of a continuation, discussing his growth and progression since…
This leads to Brannigan’s thoughts on ‘practically applying’ patience and how he’s systematized much of his decision making throughout the day. We also speak about the fund and its strategies, then end with macro themes that Brannigan’s monitoring.
Topics & Timestamps:
Please note: Exact times will vary depending on current ads.
- 01:45 – Summary of Brannigan’s development.
- 11:16 – The practical application of patience.
- 18:50 – Systematizing decision making, collecting data.
- 31:00 – Trade management, objective facts, breakout characteristics.
- 37:30 – Systematizing risk management, applying size.
- 43:45 – “Edge isn’t in the strategy, but in the application of the strategy.”
- 47:00 – Starting Habitus, fund structure, team members, strategies.
- 54:30 – Objective bias vs narrative bias (crypto example), macro themes.
Links & Resources:
- 114: Becoming a Bigger, Better Trader w/ Brannigan Barrett
- @Trader_Bran [Twitter]
- @HabitusCapital [Twitter]
- Habitus Capital [LinkedIn]