Here’s the first episode in the history of Chat With Traders podcast, where I don’t have a guest with me. That’s because, this episode is the recording of a talk I gave at Noosapalooza 2017—a trading conference hosted by Nick Radge, here in Australia.
Throughout the talk I pull upon many lessons and snippets of wisdom which have been learned through conversations here on this podcast. So, I’ve appropriately titled the talk; Six Ways to Emulate Talented Traders…
1. Have an unstoppable demeanor.
“The number one thing is grit. You need to be like a bulldog that gets his teeth around a bone and will not let go.” – Darren Reed
- [02.00] EP 123: Darren Reed
- [03.10] EP 039: Tom Dante
- [04.15] EP 126: Jonathan – @HF_Trader
- [07.10] EP 116: Sean Hendelman
- [09.45] EP 051: Bryce Edwards
- [11.00] EP 125: Matthew Hoyle
- [11.40] EP 114: Brannigan Barrett
2. Play the long game.
“It’s been quite a ride for me, it’s been one I’ve enjoyed. I like trading, I like watching markets. I love being a student of markets, I guess, more than I actually like to trade. I’m a real student of markets.” – Peter Brandt
- [12.40] EP 000: Peter Brandt
- [14.35] EP 038: Kevin Davey
- [16.20] EP 096: Nico – @InefficientMrkt
3. Know your strategy, intimately.
“Do less, do it better, do it bigger.” – Jeff Davis
- [19.20] EP 070: Jeff Davis
- [21.40] EP 064: Nick Radge
- [22.50] EP 133: James King
4. Trade with an edge.
“If you’re missing an edge, there’s no reason to play.” – Blair Hull
- [24.10] EP 085: Blair Hull
- [25.55] EP 109: Edward Thorp
- [28.10] EP 129: Victor Haghani
5. Manage your lifeblood.
“It’s not all about getting one trade right. It’s about staying in the game by having the right risk management.” – Saul Knapp
- [30.55] EP 076: Saul Knapp
- [32.55] EP 030: Tom Basso
- [33.20] EP 067: Jerry Parker
- [34.40] EP 078: Jack Schwager
- [35.00] EP 132: Mark Gardner
6. Stick to the game plan.
“There’s been many times in my earlier years, when I didn’t follow my systems. I would be much wealthier now if I had.” – Jerry Parker
- [36.50] EP 066: Dan Shapiro
- [38.05] EP 121: Michael Mauboussin
- [39.00] EP 095: Adrian – @AdeyF69
- [40.10] EP 006: Tim Walker
“In many cases (not all), traders don’t use highly complex methodologies. Instead, they consistently apply a well thought out process.”
How to support this podcast:
- For a quick and easy way to support this free podcast, please write an honest review in iTunes. It’ll take you two minutes, and it helps massively. Thanks!